Research Output per year
My research interests are on software testing, model-driven engineering and novel methods for engineering education. Within software testing, I am especially interested in automated software engineering, and I have experience with the combination of search-based approaches with mutation testing.
In model-driven engineering, I am interested in the design and implementation of scalable domain-specific languages for very large systems, and the use of non-standard approaches to persist and query object-oriented models.
In terms of engineering education, I have worked on the design of multiple active learning activities to drive "softer" skills, such as the use of multiple-round competitions to motivate students to learn how to read code. As part of the Institute of Coding, I am the Technical Director of Beautiful Canoe, a student-powered social enterprise that provides students with experience on developing real software for real clients and working as part of a team.
- Java Program Development (CS1410)
- Team Project - technical mentor (CS2010)
Java Program Construction (DC2300)
- 2016 - ongoing: Lecturer in Computer Science, Aston University, UK
- 2015 - 2016: Senior Research Associate (MONDO EU project), University of York, UK
- 2014 - 2015: Research Associate (Information Services General Directorate), Universidad de Cádiz, Spain
- 2010 - 2014: PhD Student, Universidad de Cádiz, Spain
- 2008 - 2010: Profesor Sustituto (Teaching Fellow), Universidad de Cádiz, Spain
- 2009: Summer Openlab student (Grid-based financial software), CERN, Switzerland
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference contribution
Research output: Contribution to journal › Conference article
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter
Research output: Contribution to journal › Editorial
Research output: Contribution to conference › Paper