Research Output per year
Dr. Stella Despoudi is Lecturer in Operations and Supply Chain Management at the Aston Business School since September 2018. Prior to this Stella has been working for Coventry University and for Loughborough University’s School of Business & Economics. She holds a PhD in Operations and Supply Chain Management from Loughborough University’s School of Business and Economics. Stella’s research expertise lies in the following research areas: food supply chain management, supply chain resilience, severe weather events and climatic changes, emergency logistics, food waste and food sustainability, resource efficiency. Currently she works on a multi-partner projects related to food supply chain resilience, climatic changes, and Industry 4.0 funded from ESRC and other UK funding bodies. She is Teaching Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and member of Production & Operations Management Society, and European Operations Management Association.
- PhD in Operations, Supply Chain Management & Logistics, School of Business & Economics, Loughborough University, UK.
- PhD Thesis Title: An Investigation of the Collaboration - Postharvest Food Loss Relationship & the Effect of the Environmental Turbulence Factors. Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice in Higher Education, Coventry University, UK.
- MSc in Business Analysis & Management, School of Business & Economics, Loughborough University, UK.
- BSc Accounting, Technological Educational Institute of Western Macedonia, Greece.
- BSc in Finance & Investment, Technological Educational Institute of Western Macedonia, Greece.
- Lecturer in Operations & Supply Chain Management (FT), Aston Business School, Aston University, UK (Sept 2018- current)
- MSc Project Supervisor at Warwick Manufacturing Group (PT), Warwick University, UK (Sept. 2017 – Dec. 2018)
- Lecturer in MBA modules (PT), DEI College, Greece (Jan. 2018 – Sept. 2018)
- Lecturer in Operations & Supply Chain Management (FT), Coventry University Business School, UK (Jun. 2015 – Sept. 2018)
- Lecturer in Business Studies (PT), Perrotis College in collaboration with Cardiff Metropolitan University, Greece. (Sept. 2014 – Jun. 2015)
- External Research Collaborator (PT), Technological Research Centre of Western Macedonia (TRC), Greece. (Oct. 2009 – Jun. 2015) University Teacher (PT), School of Business & Economics, Loughborough University, UK. (Oct. 2011 – Jun. 2014)
- Research Associate in Retailing & Marketing Group (FT), School of Business & Economics, Loughborough University, UK. (Oct. 2013 – Jun. 2014)
- Risk Management
- Operations Management
- Food Waste & Food Losses
- Resource Scarcity & Efficiency
- Supply Chain Resilience
- Buyer - Supplier Relationships
- Blockchain, IoT, Industry 4.0
- Pedagogy in Higher Education
- Food Security & Food Sustainability
- Business Performance Measurement
- Agricultural Supply Chain Management
- Sustainable Supply Chains & Logistics Management
- Humanitarian Operations & Disaster Management
- BNM810 Operations Management
- BNK410 Operations Management (online MBA)
- Towards sustainable and resilient fresh produce supply chains in the UK: A planetary boundaries perspective (in progress)
- Humanitarian Logistics responding to Refugee Crisis (in progress)
- An Assessment of UK’s Agricultural Supply Chain Resilience in Response to Climatic Change and Severe Weather Events (in progress)
- Food Supply Chains responding to Severe Weather Events (in progress)
- Resource Efficiency and Supply Chain Resilience in the food manufacturing industry (in progress)
- Adaptation of Export Products (funded by Academy of Marketing - in progress)
- An Investigation of Customer Experience in Town Centres (funded by ESRC)
- Penetration of intelligent forms of energy in participating regions (in collaboration with ‘Em power’ – Intelligent Energy Europe)
- Social Media & Advertising (funded by Loughborough University)
- Local Tourism Enterprises Capabilities, Training and the Impact on Firm Competitiveness (funded by 3rd and 4th Community Support Framework)
- Development of innovative sales and export methods for the Centre of Greek Furs (funded by EUREKA)
Available for PhD supervisions in the areas of research interest.
Starting in September 2019 in the topics of:
- Agriculture 4.0
- Agricultural supply chain design under the Brexit context
Membership of Professional Bodies
- POMS (Production & Operations Management Society)
- EurOMA Association
- Teaching Fellow of Higher Education Academy of UK
- Devi, N & Despoudi, S (2018) Keeping it Lean: efficient supply chain management, Available online: http://blogs.coventry.ac.uk/researchblog/keeping-it-lean-sustainable-and-efficient-supply-chain-management/
- Despoudi, S, Lanari, N & Bek, D. (2018) Can the New Era of Retailer-Led Certification Schemes Shift the Sustainability Dial?, Available online:http://blogs.coventry.ac.uk/researchblog/can-the-new-era-of-retailer-led-certification-schemes-shift-the-sustainability-dial/
- Bek, D, Despoudi, S & Lanari, N (2017) Less is More’ in retailer supply chains: what are the impacts on sustainability?, Available online: http://blogs.coventry.ac.uk/researchblog/less-is-more-in-retailer-supply-chains/
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Research output: Contribution to conference › Paper
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter
Research output: Contribution to conference › Paper