Research Output per year
I am a Reader at the School of Engineering and Applied Science, Aston University, UK. Before joining Aston in 2013. I previously held the positions of Senior Lecturer at the Knowledge Media Institute of the Open University, Lecturer at the University of Exeter, and Lecturer at the University of Reading.
I obtained my BASc (First Class Honours) and MEng degrees in Computer Engineering from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, and my PhD degree in spoken language understanding from Cambridge University.
For more information about me, please visit my personal website.
My main interests are in social media analysis; sentiment analysis and opinion mining; business intelligence and data mining; text mining; machine learning; and bioinformatics.
Some of my interested research topics include:
- Social media analysis. Integration of machine learning and natural language processing techniques to analyse social media contents and online user behaviours.
- Sentiment analysis and opinion mining. Application of machine learning techniques to extract and understand sentiments and opinions expressed on the Web.
- Biomedical literature mining. Knowledge acquisition from biomedical literature. In particular, investigation of statistical models for biomedical events extraction from textural data.
- Business intelligence and data mining. Investigation of data mining techniques such as classification, clustering, regression, association rule mining, etc., on business problems.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practices, University of Reading
- PhD in Spoken Language Understanding, University of Cambridge
- MEng in Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- BASc with First Class Honours in Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference contribution
Research output: Contribution to conference › Other
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Other chapter contribution
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article