Telephone: 0121 204 3312
A Chartered Certified Accountant and Fellow of the Higher Education Academy with an extensive and varied experience as an accountant in professional practice and industry.
I have over 15 years in Professional education experience providing employability focused professional exams training and a further four years in higher education, were I have engaged in a holistic approach to teaching and course design successfully employing innovative teaching and assessment methods which focus on employer expectations in respect to graduate attributes. My Learning and teaching strength is effective student engagement using innovative learning resources and utilizing my experience as a professional accountant in industry and practice to inform my teaching.
A successful leader and collaborator with extensive experience in management of national courses, Client relationship management, engagement with examiners of professional accountancy bodies.
Membership of Professional Bodies
Senior Fellow, Higher Education Academy (2019)
Chartered Certified Accountant: ACCA (qualified 2000)
British Accounting and Finance Association (2016 - Present)
Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants
PG Cert in Higher Education
PG Dip on Higher Education
Module lead and teaching across the undergraduate Accounting for Management and Accounting & Finance programmes:
- Company Reporting and Assurance (UG)
- Financial Analysis (PG and UG)
- Financial Accounting and Reporting, Including contemporary issues in financial Reporting (PG)
- Advanced International Financial Reporting (PG)
- International Context of Corporate Reporting and Assurance (PG)
Design of appropriate assignments, examinations and provision of student feedback.
Supervision of Post Graduate Project dissertations and placement student projects.
Aston Business School, Birmingham, UK (April 2016 – present)
ABS Academic Lead (Placement year), Senior Teaching Fellow, Aston Business School.
DEPUTY HEAD OF DEPARTMENT (Accounting) (September 2017 - September 2019)
- International collaboration in the Erasmus funded development of a digital mobile game (FEFE) with educators and learning technologist represented by:
- University of Barcelona
- Centre for the Advancement of Research and Development in Educational Technology (CARDET Ltd)
- BEST INSTITUT FUR BERUFSBEZOGENE WEITERBILDUNG UND PERSONALTRAINING GMBH
- HI IBERIA INGENIERIA Y PROYECTOS SL (HI-IBERIA)
- Elearning Studios Ltd
- Engagement professional Bodies and maintenence of accreditaions status - Th Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
BPP Professional Education, Birmingham (BPP University) (April 2001 – April 2016)
Lecturer and Subject Manager
A successful lecturer in a number of papers in Financial Reporting, Management Accounting and Tax as set by Professional accountancy bodies: ICAEW, ICAS, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ATT).
National Subject Matter expert roles for:
- ICAEW Corporate Reporting
- ICAS FR
Cauldwell Communications October 1999 – April 2001
Thyssen Krupp Automotive (August 1997 – October 1999)
Award Date: 30 Sep 2019
Award Date: 30 Sep 2018
Award Date: 30 Sep 2000