Research Output per year
• Ethnicity and Migration: Refugees, Asylum Seekers and Ethnic Minorities (Roma); Migration Governance; Racism, Stigma and Discrimination; Social Inclusion.
• Political Participation: Civil Society Organisations and NGOs; Social Movements; Volunteering; Solidarity and Altruism.
• Urban Citizenship and Housing: Urban Marginality; Housing Exclusion; Racial Segregation; Camps and Informal Settlements; Squats; Forced Evictions; Housing Careers.
PhD in Human Geography, Durham University (UK), 2016
MA in Sociology and Social Research, University of Trento (Italy), 2012
MSc in Political Sociology, London School of Economics (UK), 2011
BA in Sociology, University of Trento (Italy), 2009
- Introduction to Social Theory (LK1015)
- Social Problems and Public Policies A (LK1012)
- Migration, Borders and Belonging (LK3030)
- Contemporary Social Movements (LK3024)
- Sociology Dissertation (LK3036)
- Social Policy Dissertation (LK3037)
My office hours are:
- Tuesday 11am-1.00pm
- Thursday 3.30-5.30pm
You can book an appointment through WASS at the following link: https://wass.aston.ac.uk/pages/viewcalendar.page.php?cal_id=2610&view=month&st_dt=2019-10-01&makeapp=1
30 Sep 2012 → 16 Oct 2016
1 Oct 2010 → 30 Sep 2011
Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Leicester1 Apr 2017 → 30 Jun 2019
Research Assistant31 Jan 2017 → 31 Mar 2017
- H Social Sciences (General)
- social movements
Bringing the Third Sector Back into Ghetto Studies: Roma Segregation and Civil Society Associations in ItalyMaestri, G., 15 Aug 2019, Class, Ethnicity and State in the Polarized Metropolis: Putting Wacquant to Work. Flint, J. & Powell, R. (eds.). Springer International Publishing AG, p. 255-280 Chapter 11
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter
Research output: Book/Report › Book
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
The Politics of Compassion: Immigration and Asylum Policy (Global Migration and Social Change). By Ala SirriyehMaestri, G., 17 Jun 2019
Research output: Contribution to journal › Book/Film/Article review
Camps, civil society organisations, and the reproduction of marginalisation: Italian and French ‘solidarity/inclusion’ villages for Romani peopleArmillei, R. & Maestri, G., Nov 2018, Camps Revisited: Multifaceted Spatialities of a Modern Political Technology. Katz, I., Martin, D. & Minca, C. (eds.). London, p. 259-280 21 p.
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter (peer-reviewed)