I joined Aston University in 2008, having spent twenty years teaching English in Japan, including fifteen years in Japanese universities. I am the Programme Director for the Pre-sessional English for Academic Purposes programmes for international students and for a Year Abroad programme for Japanese students from our partner institution, Kansai University.
I teach English for Academic Purposes (EAP) in the Centre for English Language and Communication, and I also teach Academic and Professional Communication Skills for students in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. I introduced and taught Japanese language at Aston on the University-Wide Language Programme, and I have taught Applied Linguistics modules to undergraduates.
- MEd in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, Aston University
- MSc in Teaching English for Specific Purposes, Aston University
- PGCHE in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, Aston University
- FHEA Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Programme Director for the Pre-sessional English Programmes
- Programme Director for the UK Year Abroad Programme
- Chair of Exceptional Circumstance Committee for CELCA
- Qualified First Aider
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Member of the British Association of Lecturers in English for Academic Purposes (BALEAP)
- Member of the IEEE (MIEEE), Professional Communication Society (PCS)
- Member of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (JALT)