Amritha Sasankan is a postgraduate researcher in Supply Chain Management at Aston University since October 2018. She is an associate fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy.
Before joining Aston University, she worked in the Information technology sector holding various positions in software development, business/data analytics and consulting projects with multiple clients in India, Germany and the United Kingdom.
The research is on “The impact of social media on information exchange in supply chain management”. This is an exploratory study to develop an understanding of how Enterprise social platforms influence relationships and trust amongst supply chain participants and their impact on information exchange in supply chain management. This study also investigates type of information and the extent to which information is exchanged through these platforms.
This project explicitly considers Enterprise Social Media/Platforms (ESM), which are online social networks used to share business interests and/or activities among the corporate world. ESMs allow smooth communication and collaboration amongst employees or with external stakeholders, which includes information exchange, innovation, building better relationships, project tracking, and creating efficient workforces. Examples of such platforms include MS Teams, Slack, G-Suite, Yammer, Jive, IBM Connections, Asana, Facebook Workplace, etc. or any other social collaboration tools. Some of these platforms may be available as apps in a handheld device or as in-house developed software.
- Ongoing PhD in Supply Chain Management, Aston University, United Kingdom (Oct 2018 till date)
- Master of Technology in Microwave and Radar Engineering, Cochin University of Science and Technology, India (2003 to 2005)
- Bachelor of Technology in Electronics Engineering, Cochin University of Science and Technology, India (1998 - 2002)
Courses and Certifications
- Microsoft Certification 70-448 (Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance) in 2011
- Microsoft Certification 70-432 (Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance) in 2011
- Xcelsius Course conducted by SAP in 2011
- Microsoft Silverlight conducted by Microsoft technologies in 2010
- Microsoft Certification 70-536 (Microsoft .NET Framework – Application Development Foundation) in 2009
Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy (AFHEA)
Infosys Limited (Sep 2005 to Sep 2018)
Various position with Infosys Limited, which is a leading IT services company, executing in-house projects and projects for clients such as Anglian Water, UK; BMG Rights Management, UK; BMG Rights Management, Germany; Virgin Media, UK.
Business Analyst/ Technology Lead
- Work closely with clients at different client locations and departments for analysing client needs and growth plans.
- Create detailed business analysis, outline problems and opportunities, analysis of technical systems and suggest technical solutions to business requirements.
- Liaise with both business team and technical team, and communicator between various teams at client location and offshore team.
- The key point of contact at the client location, managing up to 5 projects simultaneously.
- Analysing data to inform business decisions.
- Educate business users during the user acceptance phase of solution implementation.
- Interaction with the business team directly, planning and managing the delivery of their requirements, ensuring quality requirements and deadlines.
- Requirements elicitation, documentation and analysis of both re-engineering and new development projects.
- Coordination with clients and project stakeholders for design, development and testing.
- Onsite Coordinator to guide offshore team on successful delivery during every milestone.
- Analysis of requirements document, clarification of requirements with stakeholders and creation of high-level design for data warehousing projects.
- Estimation, Planning, Work Delegation, Review of design documents and code, and tracking and ensuring on time delivery of project modules.
- Coordination of integration testing with different module leaders and the testing team.
- Design and development of, SAP Universe, SAP Business Objects Reports and Xcelsius Dashboards.
Software Developer/ Senior Software Developer
- Development and maintenance of in-house applications for financial forecasting and reporting using Microsoft Dotnet framework and SQL server database.
- Detailed design and development of enterprise data warehouse and reporting dashboards for visualization using Microsoft business intelligence platform. This includes development, testing and deployment of SSIS packages, SSAS cube, SSRS reports, MDX scripts, and SQL server programming and performance tuning activities.
- Coordination of unit testing and system testing with the testing team.
Cochin University of Science and Technology, India (Jan 2003 to Aug 2003)
Position: Guest Lecturer
Subjects taught: Digital electronics, Digital Signal Processing, Electronic circuits laboratory.
Room number: MB228