The Aston Crisis Management Centre aims to have significant impact on the work of governments and the people they serve. Its current portfolio of interdisciplinary research is mostly applied and involves close collaboration between the centre and the analysts/policy advisors around the world. We aim to strengthen theory and practice from these projects.
The fulfil this aim, the Centre’s objectives will be:
- To seek national research leadership and international recognition through building on areas of existing strength in Crisis and Disaster Management, fostering the development of new opportunities, broadening our base of research and increasing our intensity of engagement.
- To increase the recruitment of high-quality graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
- To continue growth in our research income and publication quality and intensity, and the broadening of our external partnerships and engagement.
- Over the next three years, these goals will be reflected by increased recognition of our research, teaching and engagement, leading to significant impact in the region, the country and the world.
- To do the above in an ethical, sustainable and beneficial manner for the centre, the university and its beneficiaries